We are eager to welcome you to a new academic year at KSU and are preparing for your safe return to classes and campus. If you are new to our University, we are excited to have you join the Owl Nation! For our returning students, welcome back! Please know we are committed to your success, and your health and well-being remain our top priorities. We realize the student experience is an important part of your journey at Kennesaw State. As such, we have implemented carefully crafted health protocols to balance those unique learning opportunities with the essential need for safety in the time of COVID-19.
These protocols require that we make changes at KSU as we plan for the fall semester. We ask that you help us to ensure that you and your fellow students are safe by familiarizing yourself with those changes and by committing to follow them at all times while on campus. As always, our staff will be there to assist you every step of the way. We have also developed numerous resources to help answer any questions you may have.
We understand these are unusual and challenging times for all, but our Owl Family is resilient. I’m confident that as we return to campus this fall, we will come together to support and look out for one another. I’m so proud of all our students have accomplished, despite facing so many unknowns. I know that your future is bright at KSU.
We will see you soon and look forward to another great semester at Kennesaw State.
Go Owls!Dr. Eric E. Arneson Vice President for Student Affairs
In accordance with guidelines from the University System of Georgia, the university will provide multiple learning opportunities for fall with most courses being delivered through blended learning.
- Some classes will be held entirely face to face where necessary or feasible and safety can be maintained.
- Some in-person classes are being moved to larger instructional spaces to allow students to continue to receive instruction while remaining appropriately socially distant.
- Certain lab-based and studio-based courses have extended laboratory/studio hours, with students being given access based on a rotating schedule.
- Hybrid (a mix of in-person and online):
- Some courses will deliver content through a hybrid modality for students, wherein they will be present in-person in rotation and engage virtually at other times.
- Some face-to-face courses have been moved fully online to prioritize the face-to-face delivery of other courses.
- Some classes may be taught entirely online where an instructor qualifies for an alternate work arrangement or when the determination is made that moving a course online is strategically necessary to meet university needs and is in the best interests of students
Health and Safety
Face Masks: All University System of Georgia institutions require faculty, staff, students and visitors to wear an appropriate face covering while inside campus facilities. Face coverings will be worn in addition to and not as a substitute for social distancing. Face coverings aren’t required in one’s own residence hall unit or suite, when alone in an enclosed office or study room or in campus outdoor settings where social distancing requirements are met. Anyone not using a face covering in areas where use is required, will be asked to wear one, will be provided as best as possible with a disposal mask, or must leave the area. Repeated refusal to comply with the requirements may result in disciplinary action through the applicable conduct code for faculty, staff or students.
Reasonable accommodations may be made for those who are unable to wear a face covering for documented health reasons.
To prioritize the health and safety of our community, Move-In arrival times have been scheduled to minimize the number of individuals in shared spaces. Click here for more information about Move-in.
Click here for more information about Housing and Residence Life.
Week of Welcome
For the safety of our community, we are moving all Week of Welcome for Fall 2020 programming to a virtual mode. Click here to stay connected with all events
Campus Services is committed to continuing to offer the services (Housing, Dining, Parking and Transportation, Student Health Services, Talon One Service Center and University Stores) that you need to succeed during your time at KSU. Click here to learn about the measures we are taking to offer our services in safe settings.