March 13, 2020 - Update on Coronavirus
Following consultation with the University System of Georgia (USG), Kennesaw State University will suspend instruction Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17 in order to implement alternative plans to allow for remote learning. Beginning on Wednesday, March 18, all classes will be delivered remotely for students at both campuses until further notice. We will maintain our spring break from March 30 through April 3.
You may have seen that other schools within the USG are employing an alternative schedule over the next two weeks. We have obtained permission from the Chancellor of the USG to employ this schedule tailored for KSU to enable us to maintain our spring break and conclude the semester on schedule.
With the help and creativity of faculty and staff, we will make sure our students are able to meet their academic requirements remotely, and we will pay special attention to graduating students. Students will be hearing directly from faculty with details about classes.
For students, please note the following:
- All residential students are asked to depart campus by 5pm on Friday, March 13 and to remain away from campus until at least March 29 and perhaps longer.
- You do not need to remove your belongings from the residence halls. Pack whatever equipment and instructional materials you need to follow your courses remotely.
- We recognize some students may be unable to relocate during this time period. We will maintain housing and limited dining and health services for these students. For students who are unable to leave campus, please fill out the form HERE.
- For those who do not have access to a computer and/or the internet from home or from alternate locations, we will assist you in getting access from computer labs at campus locations. Please contact IT Service at email@example.com to determine computer lab availability or for more information about those arrangements and the available locations.
- All on-campus student-sponsored events and activities, such as student organization meetings, will be postponed/canceled until further notice.
- Please reach out to Student Affairs with further questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For faculty and staff, please note the following:
- Please work with your college IT support staff as needed during this time of remote instruction.
- To the extent possible, core research operations and service commitments will continue.
- Beginning Monday, March 16 and until further notice, supervisors are encouraged to work with non-essential staff to coordinate telecommuting options. Further guidance for employees is forthcoming.
- All events should be canceled, rescheduled or offered virtually until further notice, regardless of the size of the event. No new events should be scheduled.
This action represents a significant interruption of normal business practices for KSU, and we recognize that you will have many questions. We will be following up with more information in the coming hours and days. We encourage everyone to regularly visit (https://coronavirus.kennesaw.edu/) for updates.
This is a challenging time for our region and nation. However, it is also our opportunity to demonstrate how much we value the roles we all must play to ensure that our students are successful in the pursuit of their degrees and how committed we are to supporting one another to make KSU the great university we all know and love.